Monday, January 26, 2015

Our Actions & Complaining

Hey everyone!

I've been behind on the blogging so I've got the woodstove roaring this morning, listening to some Native meditation flutes, and finally settled down at the computer to write. :) Here is one of my favorite songs that came on, feel free to listen and read: 

 

My trip to Los Angeles was great - a bit chaotic and rushed but I think filming went well. Another family was helped and we caught some interesting things...I can't talk about the plot or what company I filmed with, but if the TV show sells, you'll get to hear all about it then! I've always wanted to put together a show that will help people, educate the audience, and empower viewers to realize they can help themselves! Let's pray it sells!
My hotel room and the backdrop for the interviews :)

Anywho! Each day I have my soul and mind open, figuratively 'putting feelers out', to lead me to what I should write about next. Sometimes ideas and messages pop into my head from a 'higher source', and other times I'll see something on TV, experience an event, or hear someone say something that triggers another blog idea for me.

I was at the nail salon again sprucing up my digits for filming and I watched another Netflix special there. This time instead of a sea mollusc, we were watching a sea turtle. This poor baby sea turtle... His home of floating algae and plant matter was destroyed by a freighter/cargo ship, his friend died next to him while swimming through an oil spill, he choked on plastic floating in the ocean, was nearly killed by a squall straight out of A Perfect Storm, and then was caught with a hook by a fisherman.  Thankfully he was released...but who knows what else he was to encounter on the rest of his turtle journey!

Being an empath/intuitive, it becomes apparent that these types of documentaries bother me much more than most people ha ha...I must have had a horrible expression on my face because one woman tried figuring out what I was watching that upset me so much. She glanced between TV and myself and made some condescending smirk and went back to watching her nail technician. She later asked me, "Did he die?" out of a twisted curiosity.

I often wonder, do we honestly realize how difficult we make things for the planet and for the animals? Are we aware of how any of our actions affect others? Are we carrying with us a daily consciousness about every word, action, and gesture we perform? All too frequently many people roam about their day without a second thought, sometimes hurting others in the process without our realization.

While I was in L.A. the shuttle driver skipped past a woman's airline concourse...it was probably only 200 feet away by the time we stopped but this woman flipped her lid. "I'm already late!" "That isn't a short walk!" "I told you which concourse to go to!" Eventually her speech turned into "Yarg yarg, blah blah, grumble frump, I'm an angry negative person" in my head. :) Everyone on the shuttle sat there as this woman went on a tirade about her apparent 'suffering'. Instead of viewing her unexpected detour as a minor setback, or as a chance to exercise a bit more, she focused on the negative. You would have thought she was going to lose her limbs or home. The driver felt terrible and kept apologizing but this woman wasn't having it. She kept on blaming, making hurtful statements, and complaining. What did her negative attitude do to help serve her? Or anyone else for that matter? Nothing. Did her complaining help teleport her to the concourse sooner? No. Did it teach the shuttle driver a lesson? No. Sometimes people make mistakes, it happens...and we all do it. So remember to give others some slack when they make a mistake. Often, they might be carrying a heavy burden on their mind or are battling some sort of struggle in their life that we can't see. Give them the benefit of the doubt and try to forgive and forget. Maybe that driver was considering suicide that morning, or found out her child has cancer...you literally never know what someone may be going through.

Often complaining is pointless and it can also add to the problem especially when it turns into "adult bullying". It wasn't the shuttle driver's fault she was already late...Likely she didn't get out of her hotel on time, or traffic might have been longer than expected (it wasn't to my knowledge). But we can often avoid these types of panicky situations by planning ahead and giving ourselves extra time. There are people who will blame others because they themselves have already caused a problem, like being late. They refuse to look in the mirror and realize their role and how they contributed to their own issue.

Finally the woman got off the shuttle, glared at the driver, and waddled her way to the concourse. I noticed during my trip that no one was tipping the drivers anymore, so I grabbed a few dollars. The American Airlines terminal arrived and I gathered my bags and handed over the tip to the driver. "That woman is just a negative person. Being late was her fault, and people make mistakes. Don't let her ruin your day." I told her. She smiled and I was on my way. I wonder how many grouchy people that driver has to deal with on a daily basis? Public service and retail are tough careers... 
L.A. in the morning :)
 It's important to be conscious of our actions and attitudes each day - it is far too easy to forget and to lash out on others. It takes much more discipline to keep ourselves calm and centered and to not take things out on others. I ask that people be responsible with their energy...you affect others more than you realize. Make sure what you're putting out in the world is loving, considerate, respectful, and forgiving.  

Here are some fun pictures from the Santa Monica pier, L.A. and such :) I hope you guys are enjoying your January...hard to believe February is almost upon us! Yikes! Light & love to you all!
~Samantha~


Putting the GoPros up for filming in the car

Santa Monica Pier

A female Burmese Python...very gentle and nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment