Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Phoenix Dream :)

Hey everyone!

I've written a previous post about gratitude...and how important it is to have gratitude even when you're in the poopiest of times and tribulations. When you don't have gratitude, and instead complain, worry, or embody other negative habits, you can actually create more problems. The universe will respond and teach you even harder lessons. When you're not grateful the universe will stop providing and you will see just how bad things can really get...

As hard as it may be, don't grow your issues into something bigger.

But anywho! I had an amazing dream that I was so excited about when I woke up. Over the years I have taken the time to practice remembering my dreams, taken the time to meditate on them and I write them down in the morning. I love looking back on my dreams to see if anything matched and often these "premonitions" and symbols are very accurate.

I'll get to my dream in a minute but I remember part of my dream, in another "segment", was discussing how being a healer, we often lose part of our longevity/life here on earth. That the more people we heal, the more we expire a bit earlier. I found it ironic as there is evidence that linked healers, psychics, mediums, and empaths with early health problems, death, disease, etc. I think it is because we absorb other people's energy and woes, if not properly cleared, it can become a problem.

Anyways here is my cool dream!

"There were all these family problems going on (currently accurate with illness). My family was complaining, worrying, and other negative behaviors regarding the current state of affairs and tribulations. I was at my mother's house and we were both outside by the driveway. There was this huge, beautiful red bird sitting by the dinner bell in the berm/trees that caught my attention. It looked like a red macaw but the end of its tail curled and faded into an iridescent and gorgeous maroon, purple, and grey (P.S. I like the British way of spelling grey, it looks more natural, ha). I knew what this bird was - it was sacred. I asked my mom what the common name of the bird was, as my mom is great with identifying birds. "Frosted Mandrake" or a "Smoking Mandrake" is what my mom told me its name was.  

To everyone else this bird was as common as a cardinal, blue bird, and so on. Ordinary?!? No one seemed to know what it was and the powers it had - it was a phoenix! In my dream, this rare mythological bird actually lived amongst people, but humans had no idea that it was the legendary phoenix and thus no one appreciated it. I approached the phoenix and he flew over to the porch a short distance away and watched me. I approached him again and he flew upwards, as if testing me to see how far I would follow and if I was dedicated. I called to the phoenix with a whistle and he returned. I had my arms outstretched towards him and the sky, and he came and picked me up.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/029/0/2/phoenix_by_sandara-d4o2ewx.jpg


Despite being the size of a macaw, this bird had incredible strength and was able to carry me - easy-peasy. The phoenix rescued me and took me away from the problems. I held on to its legs and talons as we soared (hell yea lol). I remember adjusting my hands to hold the phoenix better so I wouldn't fall to the earth, and between his very sharp talons I felt these incredible soft and warm pads that he held me with. The phoenix was nurturing and not just some bird of prey. The bird took me back to its huge nest that had other phoenixes there. They weren't offpsring but were other adult birds; it was more of a community nest than a maternal nest. I remember all of them looking at me as I stepped into/onto the nest that was past the cloud line; confused as to why a human was up there but I was welcomed. I don't remember what happened or what I experienced there but then I was back on earth at a house somewhere and my sister was telling me she had a dream I died. I apologized to her but I was so excited about this encounter.

I researched "smoking mandrake" and realized it was a literal reference. Shamans, healers, witches, and so on would smoke mandrake root for spiritual experiences although without proper dosing it can be dangerous. I've always had an infinity for the folklore and story of the mandrake plant (how it was almost a human) let alone plant medicine and shamanism.


Sometimes I will have dreams that a shaman or healer will come to me in my sleep and will give very specific instructions for me. "You are an animal empath, go heal animals at the shelter." "Take mandarin leaf extract" and other weird things that I didn't even know existed or were possible prior to my dream. Am I going to go smoke some mandrake root because of a dream? Probably not, but I'd be open to it ;) I still want to go back to Peru for a ceremony and cleanse/heal myself one of these days! Until then, I figured you guys might find this interesting! Any interpretations of the dream you'd like to share? Post it in the comments! :)

Light & Love to you all!
~Samantha~      

No comments:

Post a Comment