Saturday, November 15, 2014

Taking Time

Taking Time For...

"Patience is a virtue" or so they say right?

Sometimes we have to force ourselves to take time out to enjoy life, to spend time with our loved ones, to spend time on ourselves. All too often we are racing around in the 'rat race'. I love visiting large cities, but it always seems to remind me of the rats in a study that began to eat each other when they became overpopulated and crowded in their confinement. The attitude of "everyone for themselves" seems to be prevalent and patience is nearly extinct in a lot of the metropolises I've visited. So, then you become a hermit and move to northern Michigan to escape from the concrete jungle like me ;). 

This week/weekend I had my family come up to visit! My mother, grandmother, great uncle and mom's two dogs...it has been a full house! The bulldogs have been enjoying their doggy friends and aside from stealing each other's kibble (because one dog's kibble is always better than the other dog's kibble), things are going smoothly. I'm also doing an early Thanksgiving just in case health matters take a turn for the worse for my relative.

So of course when you come to visit Traverse City, wine and drinking is almost always involved in at least some aspect. I took Grandma ("Graham crackers") and Mom to Tandem Ciders and Leelanau Cheese on the Leelanau Peninsula, the Bluebird in Leland, and more. After that we visited my boyfriend at the Traverse City Golf & Country Club for a beautiful holiday boutique. Lots of artistic and creative vendors brought items to sell...including dark chocolate from Ecuador with ginger *drool*. We ended last night with a round of poker that I cleaned house with ;)










If you ever get a chance to stop by the Bluebird in "Fishtown" get the Spanish coffee...its about 98% liquor with a splash of coffee, a caramelized sugar and cinnamon rim, and whip cream. Yum! Grandma and mom both had some rosy cheeks. Your bartender may be disgruntled depending on the season and how busy they are, but they are delicious! It truly is an art how they make it!


 


I also purchased an aerial/ascension yoga swing for my room...I absolutely love that thing. I unfortunately have the spine of a 90 year-old woman so hopefully it will help with my scoliosis! You can also unfold it and sit in it like a hammock and feel like a baby squirrel in a cocoon nest :). It is purely relaxing and delightful! 
Well that is all for today! One of my random life postings, rather than spiritual teachings, but I figured you guys would like to see some cool pictures! Light & love to you all! ~Samantha~

No comments:

Post a Comment